Back in Business – Operating Safely during the coronavirus pandemic
Business Regulatory Support are here to help you open your business once restrictions allow, in a safe and compliant way.
We are currently following a roadmap, a general overview can be found on the Government website.
For businesses trading the government have issued guidance to help employers, employees and the self-employed understand how to work safely during the coronavirus pandemic.
We have produced up to date guidance, specifically for all business sectors. This will ensure you get the information YOU need.
Test and Trace
For full details of:
- the information required
- the list of designated businesses
- how to get the QR poster
Check out the Government guidance below:
Employee wellbeing and returning to work
Guidance from our Trading Standards team covering bookings and deposits affected by COVID-19.
The Healthy Workplace team have published Information and resources to support businesses around coronavirus.
The Business Regulatory Support team have produced a guide for hospitality businesses. This guide contains the most up to date advice to support the return to work for this sector. The Hospitality Advice Guide can be viewed online and will be updated as guidance changes.
Tourism Businesses may find the following guidance particularly relevant:
- UK Hospitality - COVID19 Secure Guidelines for hospitality businesses.
- Professional Association of Self Caterers - Self Catering Cleaning Guidelines.
If your business is starting to operate again there are some key Fire Safety matters for you to consider. This leaflet is designed to provide some helpful assistance. There is also an easy to follow Fire Safety checklist available to download.
Should you have any further queries then visit the Cornwall Fire and Fire and Rescue Service website.
The Government have issued guidance relating to Face coverings: when to wear one, exemptions, and how to make your own.
One of our Commercial Food Safety Officer’s discuss how PPE should be used correctly.
The following resources have been developed for businesses. They can be downloaded, referred to and displayed.
- Covid Flyer business – aimed at any business / workplace to advise on what you should do if you have a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 reported.
- Workplace website links – useful links for any business / workplace
- Covid Flyer accommodation – aimed at providers of accommodation
- Covid poster report – public facing poster for holiday-makers staying in accommodation in Cornwall
Sector specific posters available for businesses to download and refer to. This information provides key steps to quickly identify and contain any potential COVID-19 outbreak. If you are concerned about other possible health issues then you should follow your existing processes.
Please note these posters are for printing and are not accessible for screen readers.
- This A4 poster is to be printed out and used by dress fitters, tailors and fashion designers.
- This A4 poster is to be printed out and used by hairdressers, beauticians, tattooists and nailbars.
- This A4 poster is to be printed out and used by shops.
- This A4 poster is to be printed out and used by spas, massage therapy and holistic wellbeing locations.
- This A4 poster is to be printed out and used by restaurants, pubs, bars, cafes and takeaways.
- This A4 poster is to be printed out and used by those working in construction and other outdoor work.
- This A4 poster is to be printed out and used by those who work within manufacturing of food and other large processing plants.
- This A4 poster is to be printed out and used by arts, heritage and cultural venues.
- This A4 poster is to be printed out and used by cinemas, theatres, comedy and music venues.
If you have questions we haven’t answered please contact us via Businessadvice@cornwall.gov.uk