Product of Cornwall
We have designed our Product of Cornwall scheme to protect and promote Cornwall’s primary produce. This includes products such as;
- plants and;
The scheme provides assurances to consumers and businesses that products displaying the logo are of Cornish origin. A qualified and experienced Trading Standards officer tests and checks all products in the scheme.
Who is it for?
Anybody who deals in primary products from Cornwall such as;
- farmers (both livestock and arable)
- hunters and foragers
- abattoirs and meat cutting plants
- wholesalers and retailers
What we offer
- A visit by a Trading Standards Officer to ensure that the products are genuine ‘products of Cornwall’ and meet the scheme criteria
- Bespoke advice and help during the visit
- Guaranteed authenticity of your products through use of the engine house logo
- Promotion of members and products through events, website and social media
- Easier access to business support, information and advice
How will it help you?
Members will benefit from:
- Greater consumer confidence in the origin of registered products
- Certificate of membership demonstrating participation of the scheme
- Licence to use the distinctive engine house logo on approved produce, stationery and advertising
- Promotion via our Business Regulatory Support Facebook page and Twitter
- Our Engine House newsletter that informs you about changes in legislation, marketing opportunities and other useful information
- Opportunities to network with other members