If you are planning on undertaking any development work, you will need to consider whether your project will need Building Regulations consent.
Building Regulations are national standards that apply to building work in both commercial and domestic properties. Their purpose is to ensure that the environments in which we all live and work are safe and healthy, and that buildings are sustainable, energy efficient and provide suitable access for people.
These are some examples of the type of work that would need approval:
- alterations that affect fire safety
- new buildings or extensions
- replacing windows (unless using the FENSA or CERTASS Scheme)
- work for disabled people
- creating new door or window openings
- installation of sanitary and washing facilities or alterations to drainage
- structural alterations, for example removal of load bearing walls
- re-roofing of pitched or flat roofs
- replacement shop fronts
- remedial work to a thermal element, for example renewing external render or re tiling / slating of your roof.
- mezzanine floors
- changing the use of all or part of a building
Our Building Control service is an independent, publicly accountable organisation which is part of the national LABC network. We have helpful and experienced surveyors with unrivalled local knowledge, together with specialists in Fire Risk and Thermal Energy Assessments.
Our team will help guide you through the process of obtaining approval, followed by an appropriate programme of site inspections, as we believe this helps to avoid costly issues arising later. With trusted technical expertise we are committed to maintaining the highest standards in approval and construction of buildings no matter how big or small.
What we offer
- A modern and flexible service
- A speedy, professional and friendly response to your enquiry
- Competitive pricing and excellent customer service
- A free pre app service up to one hour
- A tailored pathway to completion that you can rely on
- Prompt issue of certificate following completion
Please contact us for more information.