Trading Standards Community Talks, Presentations and Training
We are regularly asked by a variety of local groups and organisations to deliver presentations and talks on our work or about specific issues that we cover; including scams, doorstep crime and cold calling or various other relevant consumer protection topics.
We are more than happy to accommodate these requests; however in order to cover our travelling and attendance costs, we do ask for a small fee. The applicable fees are given below.
We are also able to offer more technical or in-depth presentations relating to legal compliance for specific trade sectors or subjects (see list below). Due to the preparation time involved in these, the costs would be based on our standard officer rate.
Our Presentation Offers
Standard presentation (generally delivered by a TS Volunteer)
Bespoke presentations or training relating to specific consumer protection legislation or consumer protection issues relating to a trade sector (delivered by a Trading Standards Officer)
Price on application – depending on length of presentation and any required preparation time.
Standard fee is £70 per hour (+VAT)
- Motor trade
- Estate Agency
- Retail (online and high-street)
- Food manufacturers/caterers
- Public Houses / Licensed premises
- Scams and frauds that target consumers / businesses (including doorstep crime and cold calling)
- Law surrounding pricing, offers and promotions
- Misleading statements, omissions and common unfair trading practices
- Menu descriptions, food labelling and allergens
- Weights and Measures
- Product Safety
- Services (basic contractual law, information to be given to consumers, cooling-off periods etc.)
If you would like us to deliver a presentation or talk on the work we do or about specific issues please complete the form below