Back in Business – Operating Safely during the coronavirus pandemic
Are you a Cornish business in need of guidance and advice, on how reopening post COVID 19 will affect you? Business Regulatory Support are here to help you open your business, as quickly as possible, once restrictions allow and in a safe and compliant way.
We have produced up to date guidance from Government, specifically for all business sectors. This will ensure you get the information YOU need. We also have a series of webinars, to talk you through the changes and also invite any questions you may have.
For business owners with questions or concerns about regulatory matters, we have up to date advice and guidance relating to COVID 19.
The government have issued guidance to help employers, employees and the self-employed understand how to work safely during the coronavirus pandemic.
The government have published a series of FAQs regarding: what you can and can't do after 4 July.
The government have issued guidance on which businesses and venues should remain closed until 4 July 2020.
The NHS have issued the following fact sheet relating to Test and Trace.
The NHS have issued a Tool Kit for Customer Logging relating to Test and Trace.
Cornwall Council are pleased to introduce a guide for businesses. This will help ensure they reopen safely and trade in a responsible manner to minimise the risks from COVID19. Many businesses have been closed for a period of time and premises left empty. This brings with it a range of risks that need to be addressed so that business can open safely.
We are adapting to the ‘next normal’. The guide will be kept up to date with the latest guidance on managing Coronavirus risks. This means you will have the latest information in one place.
The guide covers the following:
- Working Safely – Coronavirus
- Cleaning and Disinfection
- Food Safety (Reopening safely)
- Structure and maintenance
- Health and Safety ( things to think about prior to reopening)
- Fire Safety
This guide is appropriate for all small to medium sized businesses including the leisure, office, care and retail sectors. As guidance changes it will be constantly updated so keep checking back for changes and updates.
- Download the guide for businesses to re-open after lockdown.
- Download the back to business checklist.
Tourism Businesses may find the following guidance particularly relevant:
- UK Hospitality - COVID19 Secure Guidelines for hospitality businesses.
- Professional Association of Self Caterers - Self Catering Cleaning Guidelines.
If your business is starting to operate again there are some key Fire Safety matters for you to consider. This leaflet is designed to provide some helpful assistance. There is also an easy to follow Fire Safety checklist available to download.
Should you have any further queries then visit the Cornwall Fire and Fire and Rescue Service website.
Commercial Food Safety Officer discusses how P.P.E should be used correctly.
Cornwall Council are putting together a series of webinars. These will help businesses operate safely during the coronavirus pandemic. Many businesses will be operating again after a break. Others will be facing new challenges in the way they operate to ensure the safety of staff, customers and visitors. We are very much aware that this is a time of great worry and anxiety for many. People are worried about their health and that of their families, their business and livelihoods.
There is now the prospect of returning to work and understanding complicated guidance that may be difficult to apply. We hope these webinars will provide a friendly, informative and supportive platform to help with some of these concerns.
We are offering a series of sector based webinars. These will give you the opportunity to catch up on the latest advice and put questions to our expert panel. This could be on a range of regulatory matters covering coronavirus safety, fire, health and safety, T&Cs and food safety.
The format for each will involve a presentation of approximately 30 minutes followed by an opportunity to ask questions. If you can’t make the live webinar, a recording will be available afterwards and questions can be sent in advance.
- Office businesses
- Retail business
- Childcare settings (Excluding schools)
- Food businesses
- Retail businesses and market traders
- Holiday accommodation / Tourism
- Retail Businesses and market traders
- Holiday accommodation/ Tourism
- Hairdressing, Beauty & Tattoo
- Tourism - Sector specific bitesize
- Pubs and Restaurants.
Some offices have reopened others are preparing to do so, whilst quite a few staff are still working from home. The webinar covered the latest Government guidance explaining the best ways of keeping staff safe whether they are at home or in the office.
- You can view this webinar on our Facebook page.
- Download the slides used in the Office webinar.
- During the webinar the following questions were raised relating to office businesses.
Food retail has been key to keep the country running. Other retail shops are likely to be re-opening soon. Staff and customers need to be confident that their welfare and safety has been considered. They need to know that businesses are operating safely.
The webinar aimed to provide some clarity around the law. Bringing together the huge amounts of guidance in a focussed, practical and helpful way.
- You can view the retail business webinar on our Facebook page.
- Download the slides used in the retail business webinar
- During the webinar the following questions were raised relating to retail businesses.
People are returning to work and therefore we understand that child care settings will be feeling the pressure to re-open. There is a feeling that there are currently more questions than answers. Parents are understandably concerned about their child(s) health and wellbeing.
Our webinar outlined relevant legal requirements. It provides a focus on Government guidance and how this can be applied in practice. We hope that the webinar will help you to prepare for re-opening.
- Download the slides used in the childcare webinar
- A recording of the childcare webinar is available on our Facebook page.
- During the webinar the following questions were asked relating to childcare.
The pace of change is fast within the food industry. We know that there is still confusion amongst many about which businesses can and cannot open. Indeed some ‘closed’ businesses are still able to offer some or limited services. For those businesses which can open there are concerns about how to trade and/or re-open safety.
- Download the slides used in the Food Business webinar
- A recording of the Food Business webinar is available on our Facebook Page.
- During the webinar the following questions were asked relating to food businesses.
This webinar followed the same theme as our previous retail webinar. It features guidance for outdoor market traders.
- Download the slides used during the Retail and Markets webinar.
- A recording of the retail and market trader webinar is available on our Facebook page.
- We have now combined the questions and answers from both of our retail webinars.
Holiday accommodation is likely to be one of the last sectors to reopen. This webinar is designed to give businesses the information they need so that they:
- can plan how to open safely
- have all the correct protocols and precautions in place
- hit the ground running when the green light to start trading is given
We outline relevant legal requirements and provide a focus on Government guidance and how this can be applied in practice.
- Download the slides featured in the Holiday Accommodation/Tourism webinar.
- During the webinars the following questions were raised relating to tourism/holiday accommodation.
- A recording of the 22 June webinar can be watched on our Facebook page.
Our webinar aimed to provide some clarity around the law. Bringing together the huge amounts of guidance in a focussed, practical and helpful way.
There will be ample opportunity to ask questions, our expert panel can help support your preparation for opening safely. It should be useful to the following sectors hairdressing, beauty, massage, tattoo and piercing, microblading and body treatments.
- A recording of the Hairdressing, Beauty and Tattoo webinar is available on our Facebook page.
- The slides featured during the Hairdressing, Beauty and Tattoo webinar.
- The following questions were raised during the webinar.
The government has issued guidance for people who provide close contact services.
Hairdressers and Barbers - Bitesize webinar.
We gave hairdressers an opportunity to get in touch and ask further questions.
Our panel of experts discussed::
- coronavirus regulation
- best practice in relation to your industry.
The session involved a 15 minute run through of the key points to consider before opening.
We then took questions from the audience. Addressing their concerns and business practices.
We understand there is still some confusion and uncertainty about requirements. This gives you an opportunity to make sure you are operating as safely as possible in the next normal.
The slides used in this presentation are available for download.
Following our webinars on re opening after lockdown. We're giving tourism another opportunity to get in touch. and ask those burning questions.
A panel of experts will be discussing:
- coronavirus regulation and best practice
- and consumer law
We were joined by Malcolm Bell from Visit Cornwall. who can help you understand the work being done to get Cornish Tourism back on its feet.
The sessions involved a 15 minute run through of the key points to consider before opening. We will take questions from the audience, specific to your concerns and business practices.
As regulators we understand there is still some confusion and uncertainty about requirements. This gives you an opportunity to make sure you are operating as safely as possible in the new normal.
Please email questions to email@example.com
Topics and slides from these are listed below:
- Tourism - Self-catering slides are available to download.
- Toursim - B&Bs and small guest houses slides are available to download.
- Tourism - Hotels slides are available to download.
- Tourism - Holiday Parks slides are available to download.
- Tourism - Attractions and Outdoor Venues slides are available to download.
With good news about the imminent opening of business. The webinar aimed to provide some clarity around the law. It brings together the guidance in a
- and helpful way
Ensuring you can re-open your business safely.
We touched on the latest information and responsibilities about
- drinking outdoors
- serving customers inside.
- The slides featured in this webinar for pubs and restaurants can be downloaded.
- You can watch the pubs and restaurants webinar on our Facebook page.
- The questions and answers from this webinar can be downloaded.
The Growth Hub and Skills Hub are here to help you access the right support and training opportunities for your business. This can be accessed through a FREE business or skills review.
Need a helping hand but unsure which way to turn? Your business may currently be on pause, you may be continuing to work and possibly even busier than ever. Whatever situation you find your business in, we can help you identify and access advice, support and training to move forward in a way that is right for you.
We are two projects working hand-in-hand to help businesses realise their potential, why not find out what we could do for your business? Call us on 01209 70660 or check out the website ciosgrowthhub.com